“A Startup Club helps you develop an entrepreneurial mindset and refine your leadership skills.”
What is a Startup Club?
A Startup Club is a club run by students to:
- Practice and promote entrepreneurship in their campus communities.
- Explore entrepreneurship as a career option.
What are the objectives of Startup Clubs?
The objectives of Startup Clubs are to:
- Help students experience the world of entrepreneurship through fun activities.
- Provide a platform for students to learn entrepreneurial skills.
- Empower students with necessary tools and guidance to develop entrepreneurial mindset.
Who & Why
Who can become a Startup Club member?
- Anyone can become a Startup Club member.
- Startup Club members participate in different sets of programs organized through the Startup Club (100+ participating members).
- About 7-20 E-leaders operate a Startup Club, depending on the size of the institute and the Startup Club member base
What does a Startup Club do?
A Startup Club provides students the space and opportunity to develop the following qualities:
- Creativity and critical thinking
- Innovation and generation of new ideas
- Opportunity evaluation
- Business planning
- Team building
- Raising resources
Who are E-Leaders?
- Startup Club leaders (E-leaders) are members who lead and manage the Startup Club. They are responsible for conceptualizing and organizing programs.
- They are the student administrators of a Startup Club.
What does an E-Leader do?
- Manages and organizes all the activities of the Startup Club.
- Runs the Startup Club and encourages all students to participate in activities.
- Promotes entrepreneurship among students in the campus.
Why should you become an E-Leader?
Being an E-leader will:
- Prepare you to multitask and lead team members.
- Refine your organizational and entrepreneurial skills and boost your confidence.
Develop leadership skills
Startup Clubs help you refine your leadership skills.
Make entrepreneurship enjoyable
- Startup Clubs make entrepreneurship fun to explore.
- Late-night idea sessions and career debates with your Startup Club friends can be an important turning point and lead to a startup!
Impart organization building skills
- You will develop organization building skills by organizing activities and interacting with entrepreneurs.
- It will motivate you further to start your own company within a few years of graduation.
Provide networking opportunities with:
- Networks and resources in the business world.
- Subject matter experts, angel investors, CEOs of organizations including startups, and alumni members.
Provide leads for:
- Business ideas
- Raising funds
- Mentoring for both student and alumni entrepreneurs
Introduce students to an entrepreneurial career
- Channelize aspiring entrepreneurs into Campus Company Programs or get them to join Startup Internships through the Startup Club Jobs Placement Program.
- Newly launched startups, especially by Startup Club alumni members, often provide summer placements and projects to students.
- The entrepreneurial skills you develop will either help you start a venture or contribute effectively to any organization you join in your career